NSERC Summer Undergraduate Student Research Award (USRA)
Deadline: January 18, 2021
The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council's Undergraduate Student Research Awards (NSERC USRAs) are paid positions For a full 16-week term. A list of our available research projects that can be held with this award can be found here: Undergraduate Research Projects. Please contact Faculty to see if they would be willing to supervise an NSERC USRA recipient.
Please email Jennifer Tilston if you are interested in applying for a 2020 NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award. You must submit a .PDF of your application to Jennifer in order to be included in the competition.
To hold a USRA, a student must:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada as of the deadline date for applications
- be registered, at the time you apply, in a bachelor's degree program at an eligible university
- have obtained, over the previous years of study, a cumulative average of at least second class (a grade of "B" or "B-," if applicable) as defined by your university; however, we have been advised by the Science Dean's Office not to put forward applications of students with an average below 80%
- before the NSERC USRA placement begins, you must have completed all the course requirements of at least the first year of university study (or two academic terms) of your bachelor's degree
- have been registered in at least one of the two terms immediately before holding the award in a bachelor's degree program at an eligible university
- not have started a program of graduate studies in the natural sciences or engineering, or currently be enrolled in a professional program (MD, DDS, etc), or hold a higher degree in natural sciences or engineering