Jeffrey L. Hutter, Associate Professor and Associate Dean, Faculty of Science
Office: PAB 209
Tel: (519) 661-2111 x86719
Personal web page
Atomic Force Microscopy
I am an experimental condensed-matter physicist at the University of Western Ontario. Most of the research in my group is focused on the broad areas of soft materials and nanomaterials. In order to understand the structure and properties of these materials, we employ atomic force microscopy, video microscopy, and small-angle neutron scattering.
I am also the Associate Dean, Academic, of Science. For information about undergraduate programming and services in the Faculty of Science, please visit the Undergraduate section of the Faculty web site.
- S.S. Nene, G.K. Hunter, H.A. Goldberg and J.L. Hutter, "Reversible inhibition of calcium oxalate monohydrate growth by an osteopontin phosphopeptide." Langmuir 29, 6287-6295 (2013).
- S.D. Hudson, V. Zhurov, V. Grbić, M. Grbić, and J.L. Hutter, "Measurement of the elastic modulus of spider mite silk fibers using atomic force microscopy." J. Appl. Phys 113: 154307 (2013).
- N. Yang, J.L. Hutter, J.R. de Bruyn, "Microrheology, microstructure, and aging of physically cross-linked poly(vinyl alcohol)/poly(ethylene glycol) blends." J. Rheology 56, 797–822 (2012).
- M. Grbic, et al., "The genome of Tetranychus urticae reveals herbivorous pest adaptations." Nature 479, 487–492 (2012).
- S. Nene, E. Karhu, R. Flemming, J.L. Hutter, "A diffusionless transition in a normal alkane." J. Crystal Growth 311, 4770–4777 (2009).
- E. Karhu, M. Gooyers, J.L. Hutter, "Quantitative friction-force measurements by longitudinal atomic force microscopy imaging." Langmuir 25, 6203–6213 (2009).
Associate Dean (Academic), Faculty of Science
Associate Editor, Canadian Journal of Physics