- Physics 4999 Undergraduate Thesis Presentations
- Mark Baker is Western's Recipient of the 2019 OUSA Award for Teaching Excellence
- Summer Research Fellowship Winners Announced
- March Break Open House a Success
- Mark Baker wins USC Award of Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching
- Jan Cami Wins 2019 Qilak Award
- Robert Sica shares in CFI-JELF Funding
- Apollo 11 Moon Landing Inspired Western Astronomer to Shoot For the Stars
While Western University astronomer Parshati Patel's inspiration to study astronomy was astronaut Kalpana Chawla, an American of Indian descent who died in the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster in 2003, none of it would have happened without the first moon mission
- Researchers decipher the history of supermassive black holes in the early universe
Professor Shantanu Basu and PhD candidate Arpan Das have developed an explanation for the observed distribution of supermassive black hole masses and luminosities, for which there was previously no scientific explanation. The findings were published by Astrophysical Journal Letters.
- Nuke Sensors Detect Asteroid Explosion
Space Weather Archive features works of Peter Brown and Paul Wiegert in article about asteroid explosions detected by Nuclear Test Ban Treaty Organization’s infrasound station in Bermuda
The Physics and Astronomy Experience
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.