Condensed Matter Grad Club
Last update: Friday, June 1, 2012 4:40:43 PM
To the Ion Scattering and Nanophysics Laboratory in the Department of Physics and Astronomy at Western!
Extended group, from left to right: Alex, Miguel, Peter, Lyudmila, Jack, Mitchell, Carolyn, Olga, Grace, Adam. August 2015
Physics and Astronomy 231
Phone: (519) 661-2111 x 81558
Physics and Astronomy 225
Phone: (519) 661-2111 x 86280
Department of Physics and Astronomy, UWO
1151 Richmond St.
London, Ontario, Canada N6A 3K7
Western Science Centre G49
Phone: (519) 661-2111 x 83803
Current Research Topics:
The Goncharova group works in several research areas:
1. Ion scattering: technique development and enhancement of detection in ion scattering.
2. Growth of ultra-thin films and nanomaterials using atomic layer deposition systems and molecular beam epitaxy.
3. Development of optical and electrical characterization approaches for nanomaterials.
To learn more use navigation links on the left.
Extended group, July 2013
We just moved in August 2011 into new lab PAB 225: watch our move in progress!
Selected Research Publications:
- O. Lobacheva, M. Chavarha, Y.M. Yiu, T.K. Sham, L.V. Goncharova (2014) The local structure and ferromagnetism in Fe-implanted SrTiO3 single crystals, Journal of Applied Physics. 116, 013901.
- S.N. Dedyulin, L.V. Goncharova (2012) Role of the defects in SiGe thin films thermal oxidation, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research. Section B. 272, 334-337.
- E.G. Barbagiovanni, L.V. Goncharova, P.J. Simpson (2011) Electronic structure study of ion-implanted Si quantum dots in a SiO2 matrix: Analysis of quantum confinement theories. Phys.Rev. B 83, 035112.
- L.V. Goncharova, M. Dalponte, T. Feng, T. Gustafsson, E. Garfunkel, P.S. Lysaght, G. Bersuker (2011) Diffusion and interface growth in hafnium oxide and silicate ultra-thin films on Si (001). Phys. Rev. B 83, 115329.
- "Oxygen diffusion and reactions in Hf-based dielectrics", L.V. Goncharova, M. Dalponte, D.G. Starodub, E. Garfunkel, T. Gustafsson, P.S. Lysaght, B. Foran, J. Barnett and G.I. Bersuker, Applied Physics Letters 89 (2006) 044108.
- "Interface structure and thermal behaviour of epitaxial SrTiO3 thin films on Si(001)", L.V. Goncharova, D.G. Starodub, E. Garfunkel, T. Gustafsson, V. Vaithyanathan, D.G. Schlom Journal of Applied Physics 100 (2006) 014912.