Events ScheduleBelow is our schedule; follow us on Twitter or Facebook for updates and last-minute changes or cancellations.
Fri, Aug 21, 2020: 7:30-9:00 pm EDT: RASC Monthly Meeting
Monthly meeting of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada.
Due to the COVID-19 public health issue, the RASC - London Centre is hosting the regular Monthly Member Meeting on-line using the Zoom platform.
Guest of Honour Speaker: Gerald H. M. Schieven
Senior Research Officer at NRC Herzberg in Victoria, BC
Head of the NRC Herzberg Millimetre Astronomy Group
Manager of the “Canadian Node” of North American ALMA Regional Center
Member of RASC – Victoria Centre
Topic: From Baby Planets to Black Holes: ALMA and the Event Horizon Telescope
To join, please connect on Zoom at any time between 7:30pm and 9:00pm: https://zoom.us/j/719353982
Zoom Meeting ID: 719 353 982
Note: For first-time Zoom users, the meeting link will help you install the Zoom software application. However if you have already installed the Zoom software, just start the Zoom Meeting application, select the “Join” button and enter the following Meeting ID and it should take you directly to the meeting. It is recommended to join the meeting 5 – 10 minutes before the scheduled start time. Since the meeting will be held using the Zoom Webinar format, only the people presenting will have active video.
All interested are welcome to attend!
- Royal Astronomical Society of Canada, London Centre
- Our public nights - where you can engage in stargazing through telescopes, and hear a presentation from a professional astronomer about the wonders of the Universe. These are weekly from May through August, and monthly during the fall, winter, and spring.
- Our "Exploring the Stars" program --your own fall, winter, or spring private event filled with educational astronomy activities for kids, youth groups, and the general public.
- Some history of the observatory and its equipment.
- Parking and map for the observatory.
For general enquiries or questions about the observatory and private nights, please contact; firstname.lastname@example.org