NSERC Summer Undergraduate Student Research Award (USRA)
Deadline: January 10, 2020
Please email Jennifer Tilston [jennifer.tilston at uwo.ca] if you are interested in applying for a 2020 NSERC Undergraduate Summer Research Award.
To hold a USRA, a student must:
- -be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada as of the deadline date for applications
- -be registered, at the time you apply, in a bachelor's degree program at an eligible university
- -have obtained, over the previous years of study, a cumulative average of at least second class (a grade of "B" or "B-," if applicable) as defined by your university; however we have been advised by the Science Dean's Office not to put forward applications of students with an average below 80%
- - before the NSERC USRA placement begins, you must have completed all the course requirements of at least the first year of university study (or two academic terms) of your bachelor's degree
- -have been registered in at least one of the two terms immediately before holding the award in a bachelor's degree program at an eligible university
- -not have started a program of graduate studies in the natural sciences or engineering, or currently be enrolled in a professional program (MD, DDS, etc), or hold a higher degree in natural sciences or engineering
NSERC websites with additional instructions
The NSERC USRAs are paid positions. For a full 16-week term, NSERC supplies $4500, which we top up according to a student's experience and according to NSERC's minimum 25% top up requirement.
A list of our available research projects can be found here: Undergraduate Research Projects
Please contact our Faculty found at this link to ask if they would be willing to supervise an NSERC USRA recipient for Summer 2020: Faculty
A list of past NSERC USRA winners can be found here: http://physics.uwo.ca/news/student_awards_archives/nserc_usra_award.html