The Hume Cronyn Memorial Observatory [on the web at cronyn.uwo.ca]
The Hume Cronyn Memorial Observatory at the Western University is the central place for our astronomy public events and outreach activities.
Below is our schedule of for the Summer Public Nights; follow us on Twitter or Facebook for updates and last-minute changes or cancellations.
Fri, Apr 17, 2020
Monthly meeting of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada: Due to the COVID-19 public health issue, the RASC London Centre is hosting an online meeting using the Zoom Meeting platform. All interested are welcome to attend online!
Instructions for joining the Zoom meeting:
Join the Zoom Meeting 5 – 10 minutes before the scheduled start time here. [Note: This link will help you install the Zoom software application. If you already have the Zoom software installed, start the program and enter the meeting ID.]
Login / Meeting ID: 719 353 982
If your computer has video, the Zoom software can activate it to allow you to video conference. If your computer has a microphone you can enable it to talk. However, if your computer does not have a microphone, you can connect via audio using any of the following phone numbers.
One tap mobile: +16475580588,,719353982# (Canada); +17789072071,,719353982# (Canada)
Dial by your location: +1 647 558 0588 (Canada); +1 778 907 2071 (Canada); +1 438 809 7799 (Canada); +1 587 328 1099 (Canada); +1 647 374 4685 (Canada)
Enter Meeting ID: 719 353 982
Find your local number here.
Follow the links below for more information about:
- Royal Astronomical Society of Canada, London Centre
- Our public nights -- where you can engage in stargazing through telescopes, and hear a presentation from a professional astronomer about the wonders of the Universe. These are weekly from May through August, and monthly during the fall, winter, and spring.
- Our "Exploring the Stars" program -- your own fall, winter, or spring private event filled with educational astronomy activities for kids, youth groups and the general public.
- Some history of the observatory and its equipment.
- Parking and map for the observatory.
If you want to book an Exploring the Stars event, please contact;
"explorethestars |at| gmail |dot| com".
For general enquiries or questions about the observatory and private nights, please contact;
"cronyn |at| uwo |dot| ca".